Foundations virtual trainings began in January 2021. We have scheduled 24 Foundations sessions, covering refresher/review for Cohorts I and II, and training for Cohort III and the soon-to-be named Cohort IV schools. The CHAMPS and DSC sessions will begin soon.
Although we miss our face-to-face interactions with friends from across the state, we are making good progress.
Strive for Excellence Organized for Success Attitude Determines Altitude Respect Yourself & Others
- DA Smith Middle School’s leadership team created and conducted a PowerPoint Presentation that covered The What & Why of PBIS, the basics of the STOIC Framework, and the critical role Team Elevation will play in our school.
- During our presentation we shared our first year one goal based on the statistical, observational and perceptual data, which will be creating and implementing a Hallway/Transition Policy.
- We shared the policy, the one liners, and the staff/student expectations.
- We also shared the second overall school goal, which is improving classroom management. We created and distributed a classroom management template (based on Champs 5.1) for teachers to complete and turn in to Mr. Davis.
- We gave every staff member their Team Elevation T-shirts.
- We also gave every teacher their own copy of the CHAMPS Book.
- We also discussed who the core members of Team Elevation will be along with their roles and when/where we will meet as we evaluate the effectiveness of our year one goals/policies.
- We also distributed posters with our Five Core Values to every teacher.
The presentation was well received, and based upon the observational data up to this point, the teachers have bought in and are implementing the Hallway Policy and the one-liners, and they are turning in their classroom management plans.